[luatex] lua script on the run

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jan 7 13:30:13 CET 2011

On 01/07/2011 12:51 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote:

> Am 07.01.2011 um 10:08 schrieb Martin Schröder:
>
>> 2011/1/6 Philipp Stephani<st_philipp at yahoo.de>:
>>> Sadly, the documentation for the token library is quite incomplete and sometimes incorrect, but finally I got it to work:
>>
>> Patches are welcome. :-)

See http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=551 on the documentation
issues

> - there is no function to peek ahead without removing the next token

That cannot reasonably be done, because just looking for the next token
can have side-effects that alter the input stream as well as the
internal engine state. Also (\h)alignment state and grouping levels
are automatically affected, for example.

Best wishes,
Taco