[luatex] luaotfload | Updating the font names database:.../2010/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/lualibs/lualibs-file.lua:75: stack overflow

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 28 20:33:56 CET 2011

Am 28.02.2011 um 19:56 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 06:39:20PM +0100, Philipp Stephani wrote:

>>> This is not going to happen (see Taco's reply, which is nothing new as
>>> it has been stated in several occasions), but a possible compromise is
>>> for someone writing an independent command line tool that can interact
>>> with Apple APIs and return a list of system fonts (all what we need is
>>> absolute file paths) and luaotfload on mac would use it.
>>
>> Done, see https://github.com/phst/ListFonts
>
> Great, can we have easily parsable output, one file per line with no
> file:// and # thing.

Yes that's easy, but the path will always be percent encoded (which is a good choice since it solves all problems related to encodings, spaces, newlines etc.), so you need to decode the string according to the RFC. If the PostScript name is included, you could compare the OS X name with the FontForge name and issue a warning if they don't match.

> In any case, can you
> send me a sample output so I can play with it (I've no macs) unless
> someone want to do the luaotfload stuff himself.

I'll send you the output on my system off-list.