[luatex] installing luatex betas

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 12:25:46 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:05, Jose <jmalv04 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
>> Install TeXlive 2010 and get your luatex from TLcontrib.
>
> Can I run the latest betas that way ? (still, I would like to get some
> hints on what was wrong with the previous approaches)

You file t.tex contained \starttext which is a ConTeXt command.

I don't know what was in that file (where you got it from etc.), but
if you want to compile ConTeXt files, you need to install ConTeXt as
well and the article about minimal luatex installation won't suffice.
Did you try to compile a simple file like

    hello world \bye

Mojca