[luatex] strange pdf

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Tue Feb 8 16:52:40 CET 2011

Le 08/02/2011 16:10, Elie Roux a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> on http://norgz.guiling.fr/optima/ is a strange pdf : it shows well
> with xpdf and poppler, but on Acrobat Reader (latest versions of Linux
> and Windows), the italic words show up regular... Is it a bug in
> LuaTeX, fontspec, luaotfload or Acrobat Reader? I don't really know
> where to start as I'm far from being a pdf expert... In the same
> directory are the log file as well as the fonts with which I had this
> behaviour.

Unfortunately the fonts can't be accessed.
Anyway:
- make the same document with XeTeX, or even with OpenOffice or whatever
(and turn it into a PDF in the later case); if the trouble remains, it
comes from Acrobat or the font. Otherwise, the trouble comes from the
packages or LuaTeX, so:
- Remove fontspec, i.e. use luaotfload directly: \input luaotfload.sty
\font\myfont{Optima-Oblique.otf}, etc. If the problem remains:
- Load the font by yourself, without luaotfload.sty
(http://wiki.luatex.org/index.php/Use_a_TrueType_font). If the problem
remains: you have a bug.

Best,
Paul