[luatex] [lltx] Tracking feature with microtype and LuaTeX

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:48:52 CET 2011

On 07/02/2011, at 7:57 AM, Till A. Heilmann wrote:

> a) I have to load the fontenc package (line 5) with option T1 (I keep reading loading fontenc is not necessary with fontspec)
>
> and why
>
> b) I need to set Bonum as \rmdefault with \renewcommand (line 7): is \setmainfont not supposed to handle this?

These lines eliminate what fontspec is doing to load the OpenType fonts. But it makes sense that you need to do this to because we haven't attempted any integration between microtype and fontspec yet. To be honest I've tried not to think about it.

Robert, have you any idea what is required in fontspec to achieve this? I have to admit not spending much time in microtype's internals.

Khaled had a couple of simple options in fontspec that bypassed microtype to activate the hz features but I thought it was better to wait until we could integrate the packages properly.

-- Will