[luatex] lua scripts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Apr 22 00:11:11 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-20 at 22:41:56 -0400, Bob Tennent wrote:

 > > It would be better to allow people to specify an alternative engine on
 >   the command line instead of changing the code.
 >
 >   Is it necessary to disallow users to enter the file name properly?
 >
 > To get the lua scripts into texlive-2011, I had to rush.  I'll refine
 > the musixtex.lua script.

There is no need to hurry.  Even when the TL updater is turned off,
packages from CTAN will still be included.  Updating of CTAN packages
ceases when test images are provided, so there is still a lot of time.

I just see that in your CTAN package there is a file

   fonts/map/dvipdfm/musixtex/musix.map

which is waste.  map files for dvipdfm have never been used.  Instead,
updmap creates dvipdfm.map automatically from the files in
fonts/map/dvips and fonts/map/pdftex.  The TeX Live 2011 version of
updmap will not create a dvipdfm.map file because there is no program
anymore which uses it.  dvipdfm is a symlink to dvipdfmx, and the
latter understands pdftex.map.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25