[luatex] accented characters in plain luatex

Dirk Laurie dpl at sun.ac.za
Thu Apr 14 22:28:13 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 06:23:43PM +0200, Bob Tennent wrote:

> Now the accented characters don't display properly and although luatex
> processes minimalUTF.tex, the accented characters are missing in the
> resulting dvi.

Well, if you stick to Computer Modern, of course you're stuck
in the pre-UTF era.

Try a more recent font.  My personal favourite is Antikwa Toruņska.
In LaTeX, \usepackage{anttor}

Unfortunately, I so seldom use plain TeX (yes, I run MusiXTeX via
LaTeX) that I don't know what \font command to use.  If someone
knows how to deduce that from a LaTeX log file, please tell me.

Dirk