[luatex] string.char

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:41:06 CEST 2011

>> Result for luatex 0.65.0 from ConTeXt minimals:
>>   [svn: -1]
>>   [version: 65]
>>   [revision: 0]
>
> That is a build problem in the minimals that I have to talk to Mojca about.
> luatex 0.66.0 is the first version that officially fixes the problem (to be
> released after lunch).

At some point in past I added --exclude '.svn' rule when doing rsync
on server that collects the most recent files. After that Taco added
svn version recognition and I actually never removed the svn exclude
rule.

It should be easy for me to fix, even though my preference would be to
do auto-replacement-of-version-during-svn-checkout or something
similar that includes the proper version even when .svn files are
absent.

The reason why it has never been done is that minimals always use the
stable version anyway.

I'll wait to see what Taco says.

Taco - does there exist some flag that would set identifier string
from TeX Live to ConTeXt distribution? For example, TeX Live binaries
always always say something like
    pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.11-2.2 (TeX Live 2010)
and so does MikTeX.

To what exent would I have to modify files or set flags to metapost
and luatex to display a costum identifier?

Mojca