[luatex] string.char

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Apr 5 10:49:00 CEST 2011

On 04/04/2011 10:01 PM, Paul Isambert wrote:
>> \directlua{tex.settoks(0, "A\string\000B")}
>> has the wrong result "A^^@^^X", thus I conclude that
>> tex.settoks might be the problem.
>
> So it seems you've found yourself a nice bug to report :)
> I say so because I don't think Taco is reading the list much these
> times, so a tracker item would be safer.

I actually do read the list, but usually have no time to reply these
days.

In this case, the problem is indeed the settoks as that used
strdup() to get the needed memory (and therefore stops at the
first \000). There was a simple fix, so I have applied something
immediately. If you can, please try rev. 4096.

Best wishes,
Taco