[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Mon Sep 27 14:37:16 CEST 2010

Hello,

 > On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra at free.fr>
 > wrote:
>> I've been trying all day to build LuaTeX from the sources on my new computer
>> with no success.
>>
>> I'm using Msys (with MinGW) under Windows 7, and the build ends with:
[...]

Hmm.. You have no success, Luigi has half success (does not work on
generic shell) and I'm the lucky one with no problems. Today I've made
yet another test on clean machine with win7 64bit. Here is what I do:

install mingw; link to fresh installer is on
	http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started

install msys
	http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MSYS-1.0.11.exe

I install both things into the same tree C:\Gnu and add C:\Gnu\bin to
PATH. Then I go into luatex sources root and hit

	sh build.sh

No changes to that script, no patches to sources. The output luatex
executable just works for me under both cmd and msys shell. What we do
different?
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl