[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 11:55:50 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra at free.fr> wrote:
>> These are  actually my steps:
>> 1) Download & install
>>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Automated%20MinGW%20Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20100831/mingw-get-inst-20100831.exe/download
>> 2) download luatex source
>>
> http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/download/frsrelease/382/1568/luatex-beta-0.63.0.tar.bz2
>> and
>> uncompress
>> 3) add --without-ln-s \
>> just after
>>  --without-mf-x-toolkit --without-x \
>> og build.sh
>> 4) open the MingGW Shell and do
>> bash build.sh
>> Under the MingGW
>> luatex  --credits gives the expected  ouput
>> while in cmd & powershell
>> luatex  --credits
>> gives nothing
>
> Thanks Luigi for your answer. Before I'll try to do that, I have two questions:
> does this means LuaTeX will work only under MinGW?
I know  that for a lua dll extension
you must  use the same compiler of the lua binary.
For example the lua binary with context minimals is built with
microsof compiler, while the lua binary from
svn is cross compiled with mingw and I expected incompatibilities with dll.
But as programs they are identical.
Also maybe the format  should be regenerated too, but I'm not sure
(for every build from source I rebuild the format anyway)

>And does it still enable me
> to link the source to the svn version (since apparently you download a special
> version of the source)? I tend to build quite often, and that's sometimes
> crucial in case of bug fixes.
No it's not a special version of the source. The only modification is
on build.sh
where I've added --without-ln-s

The only problem so far is that  the binary seems to work ok in mingw
shell but not in cmd or power shell on windows 7 32 bit.
I have not the same problem with binary cross compiled, hence I argue
that I need something more -- it's still an experimental way.

--
luigi