[luatex] luainputenc and inputenc

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Sun Oct 17 15:26:51 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:07:07 +0200 schrieb Elie Roux:

> Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
>>
>> the "lua" in the package name tells us it's a *lua*latex package.
>>
>> lualatex treats its input in a very different way; i don't find it
>> surprising *at all* that luainputenc doesn't work with pdflatex.
>

> Actually it was supposed to work when I first made the package, so that
> people could keep luainputenc with XeTeX and pdfTeX... There must be
> something wrong around line 383 of the dtx file.

Well it would be certainly a good idea to declare the options utf8
etc *before* actually loading inputenc (or xetex-inputenc) if you
want inputenc to acually use this options.

\ifluatex\else

%\RequirePackage{inputenc} % move to the end
\DeclareOption{unactivate}{\PassOptionsToPackage{utf8}{inputenc}}

\DeclareOption{lutf8}{\PassOptionsToPackage{utf8}{inputenc}}

\DeclareOption{lutf8x}{\PassOptionsToPackage{utf8}{inputenc}}

\DeclareOption*{\PassOptionsToPackage{\CurrentOption}{inputenc}}

\ProcessOptions*

\RequirePackage{inputenc}
%new place
\expandafter\endinput