[luatex] Hyphenation in plain TeX

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 9 00:32:33 CEST 2010

Am 08.10.2010 um 11:21 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> Now imagine user B using some package that deals with Unicode and sets
> all the lccodes for the whole Unicode range.

Is that possible in current TeX implementations? The case mappings aren’t length-preserving—one character might map to more than one character (canonical example: ß → SS), and they aren’t locale independent (canonical example: i → I in English, but i → İ in Turkish). AFAIK both things would require extensions to the lccode/uccode mechanism.