[luatex] Hyphenation in plain TeX

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:10:42 CEST 2010

Hi.
** Paul Isambert [2010-10-08 10:00:10 +0200]:

>  Le 08/10/2010 09:47, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
>>On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 09:31, Paul Isambert wrote:
>>>In TeXLive at least, comparing the files \input in luatex.ini and pdftex.ini
>>>doesn't reveal any difference with respect to that. Actually LuaTeX loads
>>>etex.src and plain.tex, like pdfTeX, and differences elsewhere seem
>>>immaterial. I can't find any LuaTeX-specific version of plain.
>>There is a modified version of etex.src and hyphen.cfg in
>>tex/luatex/hyph-utf8. (But I won't pretend that I understand it ...)
>>
>>The modification has been done by Élie Roux, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard
>>and Khaled Hosny.
>
> This file is indeed loaded instead of the original etex.src when
> building a format. And there's an \addlanguage macro defined in it.
> So, I was wrong, and Taco's question must be answered positively.
>
> Now Élie, Manuel or Khaled, or all of them in chorus, should tell
> the world: how do you use \addlanguage?
Wild guess: for pdftex/xetex this command is used only at time of format
build and used to add languages to format file. While, AFAIK, luatex
could load patterns at runtime (in contrast to pdftex/xetex) it reads
this file at runtime and do all stuff that pdftex/xetex do at format
generation time.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Is uniformity attainable?  Millions of innocent men, women, and
children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt,