[luatex] Strange hyphenation

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Oct 3 17:45:27 CEST 2010

On 10/03/2010 02:52 PM, enrico.gregorio at univr.it wrote:

> My fmtutil.cnf says

Ok, I managed to fix my installation, and now I get the same bad
output you did (I had to run fmtutil --byfmt by hand to get a proper
new format).

The problem is not the word 'determinante' at all. Believe it or not,
but the acutal problem is the '---' ligature. No _normal_ patterns are
applied to the current paragraph any more after the first occurence of
that. Hyphenation exceptions still work, and that is why the second
paragraph comes out ok.

I need to do some serious thinking on why a ligature can block
hyphenation :(

Best wishes,
Taco