[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Sat Oct 2 13:36:23 CEST 2010

  Le 02/10/2010 10:37, luigi scarso a écrit :
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Paul Isambert<zappathustra at free.fr>  wrote:
>> My problem must definitely be simpler than that, since I use the version of
>> LuaTeX shipped with the minimals. When I do
>>
>>> context test.tex
>> test.pdf ends up somewhere very remote instead of just next to the source.
> It seems an installation problem -- better to go to context mailing list

Well, for the moment I can do as is.

>> As for your problem, if I replace the LuaTeX engine with the one built from
>> the source, then a format error ensues (``I'm stymied''), which is strange
>> enough since both versions are 0.63;
> no no, it's normal. Every time you recompile luatex you must rebuild the format.

Not with TeXLive, no, as long as the version number doesn't change,
there's no need to rebuild the format.

>> and if I use texexec --lua --make all,
>> then I wind up with apparently the same situation as yours: the format is
>> rebuilt at every run.
>> Otherwise, I do indeed need the MinGW on the PATH for LuaTeX to work
>> properly when built from source. More precisely,  LuaTeX needs access to the
>> two dlls mentioned before.
> Good, at least we have the same wrong results.
>   As taco wrote, binary from svn are cross-compiled with and old gcc;
> I'm pretty sure that I need to add another switch in build.sh.

As I've said before, adding  "--enable-auto-import", as suggested by the
compiler, doesn't change anything. Perhaps I don't put it in the right
place.

>>> A kind of psychedelic page
>>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/luatex_lunatic
>> It's Pentecost everyday in LuaTeX!
> More or less, but we like it.
> Pentecost is not soo bad for a typographer: the Pentecostal
> glossolalia ("speaking in tongues") is huge gift.
> See (oops, hear) Arthur, for example.
Yes, a huge gift, especially when you don't have it, and especially when
you're a linguist -- a scar on my ego, as far as I'm concerned (I speak
only French and English, and very rudimentary German). Too bad TeX is no
natural language... but I'm off-topicalizing here.

Best,
Paul