[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 10:37:52 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra at free.fr> wrote:
> My problem must definitely be simpler than that, since I use the version of
> LuaTeX shipped with the minimals. When I do
>
>> context test.tex
>
> test.pdf ends up somewhere very remote instead of just next to the source.
It seems an installation problem -- better to go to context mailing list

> As for your problem, if I replace the LuaTeX engine with the one built from
> the source, then a format error ensues (``I'm stymied''), which is strange
> enough since both versions are 0.63;
no no, it's normal. Every time you recompile luatex you must rebuild the format.

>and if I use texexec --lua --make all,
> then I wind up with apparently the same situation as yours: the format is
> rebuilt at every run.
> Otherwise, I do indeed need the MinGW on the PATH for LuaTeX to work
> properly when built from source. More precisely,  LuaTeX needs access to the
> two dlls mentioned before.
Good, at least we have the same wrong results.
 As taco wrote, binary from svn are cross-compiled with and old gcc;
I'm pretty sure that I need to add another switch in build.sh.

>> A kind of psychedelic page
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/luatex_lunatic
>
>It's Pentecost everyday in LuaTeX!
More or less, but we like it.
Pentecost is not soo bad for a typographer: the Pentecostal
glossolalia ("speaking in tongues") is huge gift.
See (oops, hear) Arthur, for example.

--
luigi