[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 09:24:19 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 2 October 2010 luigi scarso wrote:
>
>  > 1) mkiv format is regenerated at every run -- it's not normal
>
> Do you have to update the file database?
>
>  > 2) if I don't have MinGW on my PATH, then luatex.exe  doesn't work
>
> Did you copy all required DLLs to the same directory as luatex.exe?
The key point is that the windows binary from foundry just works, even
without MinGW at all.
That why I think I'm still missing something.
Unfortunately these days I've no time to dedicate as it needs (a
deadline for next guit meeting)

> This is just a guess, AFAIK Windows complains if a DLL can't be
> loaded.
>
> Since many useful debugging tools like strace or ldd don't work on
> Windows, consider to install "Dependency Walker":
>
>   http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>
> Under MinGW you could also try:
>
>  strings /path/to/luatex.exe | grep -i '\.dll$'
>

> Dependency Walker was formerly part of Mark Russinovich's Sysinternals
> Suite, which provides a lot of debugging tools for Windows:
>
>   http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx
Thank you very much.
As today I can promise when,
but all these infos will end on an page on contextgarden

--
luigi