[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 00:27:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra at free.fr> wrote:
> Le 29/09/2010 10:48, luigi scarso a écrit :
>> Download context-setup-mswin.zip and unzip to a<directory> where you
>> want to install ConTeXt. It is recommended that you choose a
>> <directory>
>> that does not have a space in its full path. Then open cmd.exe, go to
>> the installation<directory> and run
>>
>> #> first-setup.bat
>>
>> then
>> #>cd<directory>/tex
>> #>call setuptex.bat
>>
>> Next, save in test.tex this line
>>
>> \startext\input tufte\stoptext
>>
>> and then
>> #>context test.tex
>>
>> You should have test.pdf .
>
> It works, and I have it. Now, if only context could produce the output file
> in the same directory as the source,
This is the normal behaviour, otherwise there is something wrong in
your build -- or I have not understood  your problem.

Actually I have the following problems with my build
1) mkiv format is regenerated at every run -- it's not normal
2) if I don't have MinGW on my PATH, then luatex.exe  doesn't work

> [I know this is not the ConTeXt list, but a new ConTeXt user, however
> unsteady, is always good news, huh? Plus I've just noticed the moon was
> circling the earth in the bottom corners of the LuaTeX ref's pages, which I
> find incredibly, well, err, ConTeXtually cute. As in it's so cute, with a
> giggle.]

I'm sure that your  "ConTeXtual experiments" will be really appreciate.
You can also show them on your wiki pages: just register at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page
A kind of psychedelic page
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/luatex_lunatic

Anyway, yes, it's off topic here.