[luatex] fontspec prevents hyphenation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Nov 23 20:22:13 CET 2010

Le 23/11/2010 19:43, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
> Since patterns are not really loaded at this point in LuaTeX, we don't really
> need to load luatex-unidoe-letters before latex.ltx.
>
> (Which reminds me, I should reread section 6 of the luatex manual, I guess
> LuaTeX handles lccodes in a more clever way than other *TeXs, but I'm not
> exactly sure.)

Well, just checked: LuaTeX doesn't insist that the characters in the "argument"
of \patterns has non-zero \lccode, it is apparently satisfied with it being
proper utf-8. Which is more reasonable IMO.

(Also, I was wrong to think \lccodes were handled differently: I was apparently
confusing them with \(pre|post)(ex)hyphenchar which is language-specific.)

Manuel.