[luatex] fontspec prevents hyphenation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Nov 23 19:05:00 CET 2010

Le 23/11/2010 18:43, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 16:08, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>>
>> I can't test this as ngerman is unknown to plain luatex (and I have
>> no idea how to enable it).
>
> You could just as well use "german" instead (I wasn't paying
> attention), but do you want to say that "ngerman" works in lualatex,
> but not in plain luatex? Since that would be weird.

\uselanguage{ngerman} should work in Plain LuaTeX.

>> I also looped through quite a lot "end chars". As far as I can say
>> only chars in the range up to position 255 are problematic.
>
> Thanks a lot. This rings a bell. I was trying hard to find the
> original email (probably discussed by me, Jonathan Kew and others,
> probably on xetex mailing list, but maybe privately), but without any
> success. Anyhow ... does the following code from xelatex.ini ring a
> bell to anyone else?

Actually, I was thinking about T1 too, but forgot it was somewhat hard-coded in
the LaTeX kernel...

> It sounds like a bit more work to do for Manuel :)

Yep.

> % Because latex.ltx sets up character code tables for T1 encoding by default,
> % we need to reset values from unicode-letters that may have been overridden

Sorry if I'm asking a very stupid question, but why not simply input
unicode-letters *after* latex.ltx, then? It would avoid duplicating this part of
the code.

Thanks,
Manuel.