[luatex] fontspec prevents hyphenation

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon Nov 22 22:20:10 CET 2010

Am 22.11.2010 13:22, schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> The problematic case seems to be: a combination of a non-letter in one
> font, followed by a letter in another font. LuaTeX does not consider
> that a valid word start. I will add an item to the tracker database.

And another one posted today on de.comp.text.tex (without replies so
far).  This time, there's no font switching, but non-letters are involved.

In the attached example, the word 'Deutschland' is hyphenated before the
last letter when wrapped-up in guillemots.  For German patterns
\righthyphenmin is 2, but that shouldn't include guillemots.
Hyphenation is correct when there are German quotes or no quotes at all.
  The error happens with or without fontspec.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

\documentclass{article}
%\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}