[luatex] Beginner's question on mkluatexfontdb

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 19 13:19:19 CET 2010

On 2010-11-19 12:16, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:05:53AM +0100, Pander wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> With XeLaTeX and fontspec, I could inquire at fc-list and fc-cat about
>> font name details. How can I do this for LuaLaTeX on its font database
>> because I ran into some differences in font names?
>
> Open the font database file (otfl-names.lua) in a text editor and search
> for the fonts you want, it is the only possible way currently.
>
> Anyway, such differences are usually a bug somewhere (most likely in my
> code), so it is generally good idea to report it.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\fontspec{Antykwa Torunska Condensed Light}
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
\end{document}

results in

luaotfload | Updating the font names database:
luaotfload | Scanning TEXMF fonts...
luaotfload | Scanning OS fonts...
! Font \zf at basefont=name:AntykwaTorunskaCondensedLight at 10pt not
loadable: me
tric data not found or bad.
<to be read again>
                   \scan_stop:
l.4 \fontspec{Antykwa Torunska Condensed Light}

?