[luatex] [luaotfload & fontspec] trunk errors

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 02:34:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:

> It just so happens the packages have been split recently (like yesterday) so
> things are cleaner now :-)

Nice :)

>> At first I simply emptied the directory and replaced its
>> contents with what i got from github (and docstrip), but that didnt
>> work (luatex just didnt do anything anymore after loading some
>> packages, no message and no cpu activity). So i reinstalled the
>> luatextra package using tlmgr and then copied over all the files. Now
>> it works..
>>
> Due to the split up, if you install luatextra (with a t) from master, then you
> also need luaextra (no t) and luatexbase which are now in independent
> repositories. Besides, I'm currently doing a few changes to luatexbase and
> luatextra (t) which break backwards compatibility, so I recommend not to install
> them from master until further notice, but rather use the TDS-ready zip I
> prepared at
>
> http://tug.org/~mpg/packages/luatextra+luatexbase+luaextra-stable.tds.zip

Hmm, I deleted the old luatextra folder and then unzipped into texmf.
ran mktexlsr. This crashes upon document compilation:
---- (from log-file)
(c:/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luatexbase/luatexbase-cctb.sty
Package: luatexbase-cctb 2010/03/26 v0.1 Catcodetable allocation for LuaTeX (mp
g)
\lltxb at catcodetable@alloc=\count123
\CatcodeTableIniTeX=\luatexcatcodetable1
\CatcodeTableString=\luatexcatcodetable2
\CatcodeTableOther=\luatexcatcodetable3
\CatcodeTableLaTeX=\luatexcatcodetable4
\CatcodeTableLaTeXAtLetter=\luatexcatcodetable5
\CatcodeTableExpl=\luatexcatcodetable6

! LuaTeX error <\directlua >:1: attempt to call field 'catcodetable_do_shortcut
s' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	<\directlua >:1: in main chunk.
l.166 ...ua{luatextra.catcodetable_do_shortcuts()}
-----

> If your really want to install from git, use tag 0.1 of luatexbase and tag 0.96
> of luatextra (t) with master from luaextra (no t).

This tag seems to be from before the split? At least, luaextra is
still in the luatextra (t) branch.

Since you're making non-breaking changes, guess I'll have to wait till
those are finished? No rush, but let me know :)

Best,
Dee