[luatex] On or off topic?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Mar 29 14:18:05 CEST 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Arthur Reutenauer a écrit :
>>> For me, reading a mailing list has the benefit of "knowing what are the
>>> current problems and developments in an area", so I welcome such questions,
>>> even if I have no clue what to answer.
>> Pretty much the point I was trying to make. Thanks, Patrick :-)>
>
> Your point seems quite valid to me, and I understand not everyone is willing to
> subscribe to yet another list just to "know what's going on".
>
> OTOH some discussions can lead to pretty long technical developments, and I just
> don't want Taco to be bothered with a lot of messages centred on macros as
> opposed to the engine itself.
>
> An alternative solution is that bug report against (and discussion specifically
> about) packages go to lualatex-dev to avoid producing "noise" here, but that
> lualatex developpers regularly post short notices of what's going on.
>
> Taco, please tell us what you think.

I think lualatex messages on this list are on-topic as long as they
actually deal with luatex packages, after all that is why we have a
users list now as well as the dev list. I consider this list is similar
to the xetex list in that respect (non-luatex latex questions should
go to latex-l or c.t.t.).

However, I may coose not to read latex threads, so if my action is
required and I do not reply, it would be wise to forward a message
to dev-luatex or create an actual bug report.

Best wishes,
Taco