[luatex] On or off topic?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Mar 29 13:53:38 CEST 2010

Arthur Reutenauer a écrit :
>> For me, reading a mailing list has the benefit of "knowing what are the
>> current problems and developments in an area", so I welcome such questions,
>> even if I have no clue what to answer.
>
> Pretty much the point I was trying to make. Thanks, Patrick :-)>

Your point seems quite valid to me, and I understand not everyone is willing to
subscribe to yet another list just to "know what's going on".

OTOH some discussions can lead to pretty long technical developments, and I just
don't want Taco to be bothered with a lot of messages centred on macros as
opposed to the engine itself.

An alternative solution is that bug report against (and discussion specifically
about) packages go to lualatex-dev to avoid producing "noise" here, but that
lualatex developpers regularly post short notices of what's going on.

Taco, please tell us what you think.

Manuel.