[luatex] LuaTeX and LuaLaTeX logos

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Mar 9 08:41:23 CET 2010

Hi,

Khaled Hosny wrote:

> I don't recall anybody objecting on Taco's decision, I don't see any
> "endless discussions" either, all what I see is a genuine question which
> is, to the best of my knowledge, is first time to be asked. I'm just
> sating that because I don't like the implied stigmatization of any one
> daring to even mention the "funny logos", and no, I don't think Knuth is
> infallible and I find such note very offensive.

I've been asked to logo question at least a dozen times, but all
off-list, as far as I remember. I don't think this was an unreasonable
thread at all: there was a genuine question, considering all the
already existing typographical logos in our community.

> P.S. I do find the mixed casing of TeX or LaTeX more ridiculous, it
> doesn't even have the sense of cleverness or hack the typeset logo has.

I find that when I am writing about the 'language', I tend to use
'LuaTeX' (or the logo Lua\TeX, in typeset material) but a simple
'luatex' when referring to the binary or implementation details.

This is what I will keep doing, and I don't really care or mind what
anybody else uses ;)

Best wishes,
Taco