[luatex] Packages and fonts not found if I load luatextra

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue Jun 22 11:07:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a special minimal luatex installation "hooked" at my miktex
installation. The binaries are from http://w32tex.org/. The
"luatex"-part use a sort of small texlive-tree with a texmf.cnf and
ls-R-files. I only had to rename mktexlsr and kpsewhich to avoid
conflict with similar applications in the miktex bin.

Today I decided to update everything and run in a  problem with
luatextra: After the package has been loaded various files were no
longer found by luatex.
E.g. this example

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{environ}
\usepackage{luatextra}
\usepackage{lipsum}

\begin{document}
abc
\end{document}

will find article.cls, size10.clo, environ.sty, ifluatex and
etex.sty and a lot of luatex-files but then complain:

! LaTeX Error: File `lipsum.sty' not found.

and at the end:

!LuaTeX error (file cmr10): Font cmr10 at 600 not found

After some test I found out that the first problem were due to the
TEXINPUTS-settings. Before luatextra is loaded luatex uses
(pdflualatex is the name of the format):

TEXINPUTS.pdflualatex =
.;$texroot/{luatex,latex,generic,latex209,platex209,}//

afterwards luatex uses the setting of TEXINPUTS.luatex. Adding a
comma to its value enabled luatex to find files in the tex\latex
folder. But pdflualatex still doesn't find the font.

So my questions are

1. Is is normal that luatextra changes the progname during
compilation?

2. What can I do to enable luatex to find fonts again?

3. Where can I find a current texmf.cnf so that I can check what
else could be wrong with my local one?

--
Ulrike Fischer