[luatex] OCP broken? - hg and git bisect commands

Jonathan Fine jfine at pytex.org
Sun Jun 20 22:56:39 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 09:56:56AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>>> I know such Omega extensions are rarely tested, if at all, but any idea
>>> why the attached OCP is no longer working? It used to work while ago.
>> Any idea when it was still ok? I have to disect through past revisions,
>> I fear.
>
> Last time I checked was long ago, I'll try to see if I can find when it
> broke.

I've not used them myself, but git and hg have a bisect command for
doing such searches.

There are tools that will produce git or hg repositories from a svn
repository.

For copying a svn repository try:
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/441297/copy-svn-repository
and also svnsync.

Here's the help for hg bisect.
===

$ hg help bisect
hg bisect [-gbsr] [-c CMD] [REV]

subdivision search of changesets

     This command helps to find changesets which introduce problems.
     To use, mark the earliest changeset you know exhibits the problem
     as bad, then mark the latest changeset which is free from the
     problem as good. Bisect will update your working directory to a
     revision for testing (unless the --noupdate option is specified).
     Once you have performed tests, mark the working directory as bad
     or good and bisect will either update to another candidate changeset
     or announce that it has found the bad revision.

     As a shortcut, you can also use the revision argument to mark a
     revision as good or bad without checking it out first.

     If you supply a command it will be used for automatic bisection.
Its exit
     status will be used as flag to mark revision as bad or good. In
case exit
     status is 0 the revision is marked as good, 125 - skipped, 127
(command not
     found) - bisection will be aborted and any other status bigger than
0 will
     mark revision as bad.

  -r --reset     reset bisect state
  -g --good      mark changeset good
  -b --bad       mark changeset bad
  -s --skip      skip testing changeset
  -c --command   Use command to check changeset state
  -U --noupdate  do not update to target
===

Hope this helps.

--