[luatex] on lualatex

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 17:35:13 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-05 20:42:33 +0930, Pablo Rodríguez
<oinos at web.de> said:

> I would like to start checking LuaLaTeX for micro-typographic features
> (my texts contain no mathematical formulae).

I believe recent versions of microtype support LuaLaTeX now. At some
stage we might need to coordinate how microtype and fontspec
communicate. Haven't looked into it yet.

In the meantime you can use Hans' luatex-fonts.tex package to load
OpenType fonts with Lua(La)TeX. But you'll need to write your own .fd
files using them if you want to use them with LaTeX without fontspec.
(E.g., see the eu2lmr.fd files with the euenc package.)

But downloading a recent LuaTeX binary plus the latest versions of
fontspec, luaotfload, etc., are probably easier :)

Will