[luatex] File I/O.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Jul 30 22:36:40 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I'm sure I must have missed something in the manual. I'm totally unable to find
a way to say something like \write5{whatever} in a lua way. The texio.write
function writes only to the terminal or log, and my attempts at hooking lua
functions such as <file>:write() with <file> defined in a find_write_file
callback are unsuccessful, since it works iff I don't also write to the file
with TeX's \write.

So, to produce an intelligible question: how do you write to an external file
with in \directlua, or what is the lua equivalent of \write?

Best,
Paul