[luatex] some bits of opentype math testing

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jul 26 21:05:23 CEST 2010

On 26 July 2010 Khaled Hosny wrote:

 > In Windows, GDI renders TTF better than OTF, but this only affects
 > applications using the OS native font renderer, which I think does not
 > affect PDF readers (Adobe Reader at least have its own renderer).

Is it possible that it depends on whether the OTF contains 2nd or 3rd
order Bezier curves?  I know that Type 1 fonts (3rd order Bezier
curves) are rendered worse than TTF on Windows, but I can't imagine
that there are any differences between OTF and TTF if the OTF contains
TTF outlines (2nd order Bezier curves).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25