[luatex] some bits of opentype math testing

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jul 26 10:57:50 CEST 2010

On 07/26/2010 10:51 AM, ulrik.vieth at arcor.de wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> thanks for claryfing this issue. I suppose those ConTeXt
> runtime fixes probably need to go into luaotfload as well.
>
> Are there more of these kinds of fixes for other fonts?
> The integrals staying too small also occured in Cambria.

Yes, there are a few more. There is a file in the context
distribution (font-pat.lua) that contains font fixes.

The relevant bits for cambria/math are:

local function patch_domh(data,filename,threshold)
     local m = data.math
     if m then
         local d = m.DisplayOperatorMinHeight or 0
         if d < threshold then
             if trace_loading then
                 report_otf(
                 "patching DisplayOperatorMinHeight(%s -> %s)", d,threshold)
             end
             m.DisplayOperatorMinHeight = threshold
         end
      end
end

patches["cambria"]  = function(data,filename)
patch_domh(data,filename,2800) end
patches["cambmath"] = function(data,filename)
patch_domh(data,filename,2800) end
patches["asana"]    = function(data,filename)
patch_domh(data,filename,1350) end

Best wishes,
Taco