[luatex] Correct use of \overwithdelims?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:26:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

We're in territory in which I'm a little unfamiliar, so please excuse
the questions. What is the correct way to use \overwithdelims with
LuaTeX?

In Plain and XeTeX, the brackets enlarge satisfactorily (see attached
example), based on (so I read) fontdimens 20 & 21. In LuaTeX with both
Cambria and XITS, the brackets remain small.

Am I doing it wrong?

Will

\ifx\directlua\undefined
  \ifx\XeTeXversion\undefined\else
    \font\test="Cambria Math:script=math" at 10pt
    \textfont0=\test
  \fi
\else
  \input luaotfload.sty
  \font\test={name:Cambria Math:mode=base;script=math} at 10pt
  \textfont0=\test
\fi

\def\1{{\displaystyle x\over \displaystyle y}}
\def\2{{\displaystyle a\over \displaystyle b}}
\def\3{{\1\over\2}}

$$
\left( {x\over y} \right)
\left( \1\over\2 \right)