[luatex] Missing math primitive & assorted remarks

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jul 13 15:42:19 CEST 2010

On 13-7-2010 2:25, ulrik.vieth at arcor.de wrote:

> I wonder what would be the best way of showing which glyphs are used,
> especially in the presence of substitions (e.g. prime ->  prime.ssty).
> You could display prime as U+2032 or ^^^^2032, but how would
> you display prime.ssty.  Would it be something like U+F0xxxx?

it depends on the implementation, as one can map a character anywhere
and U+F0XXXX is unlikely to be a glyph index and therefore of not much
information; at the engine end the index is known ((part of the char
data) so I can imagine mentioning both as option U+XXXXX [I+YYYY] or
something like that

eventually all messages will be revisioned and then a macro package can
add extra info

((

we can consider an intermediate resolver callback

callback.register("glyphinfo", function(f,c)
   -- f == font id, c = glyph number
   return "whatever you want injected"
end)

))