[luatex] include a new library in the executable file

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Jul 7 14:13:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

for the sake of easy distribution of the binary, I would like to include an xml parser (lua-xmlreader, for libxml2) into the executable, if it is not too complicated. I am rather inexperienced when it comes to autotools, but I guess I need to use them.

Can someone help me out? I guess I need to patch luamisc.am and include lua-xmlreader in a subdirectory there. Which steps are needed after that?

I would like to update the sources and run ./build.sh as usual, but with the lua lib included (not necessarily the libxml2).

Does this make sense at all?

Patrick