[luatex] Problem building 0.50.0 (and trunk)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jan 7 23:55:30 CET 2010

    Hum, though I cannot find a reference right now, I seem to remember
    it was fixed in the TL build system some time ago by using a more
    recent libtools.

My understanding is:

1) Yes, Peter has fixed it in the TL sources.

2) It was not about using a more recent libtool, but about our usage of
   libtool (Ralf W and other libtool folks helped us figure this out).
   In particular, timing and propagation of shell detection.

3) Unfortunately, there is no simple patch, but below is what Peter wrote
   to Frank a few weeks ago.

4) After these changes are made, it should not be necessary to do the
   kludgey CONFIG_SHELL setting that was discussed earlier today.

karl