[luatex] pdfpages and lualatex?

stefano franchi stefano.franchi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 03:47:50 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Heiko Oberdiek <
heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 01:31:02AM +0100, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
>
> > ah, the /Resources 49 0 R are in the /Pages dictionary, somehow one
> > level higher than usual (is this allowed? Maybe, but not checked yet).
>
> Yes, PDF specification says in table 3.27 "Entries in a page object":
>
> | Resource    dictionary     (Required; inheritable) [...]
>
> and
>
> | Inheritance of Page Attributes
> |
> | Some of the page attributes shown in Table 3.27 are designated as
> | inheritable. If such an attribute is omitted from a page object,
> | its value is inherited from an ancestor node in the page tree.
> | If the attribute is a required one, a value must be supplied
> | in an ancestor node. If the attribute is optional and no inherited
> | value is specified, the default value is used.
>
> Yours sincerely
>   Heiko Oberdiek

This is fascinating, but way over my head, I'm afraid. Should I conclude
that Scribus is the culprit, as it has produced an invalid pdf file? Perhaps
I should fiel a buf report with the Scribus people. But does anyone know why
XeTeX and pdfLaTeX are oblivious to the pdf format violation? Is that
relevant for a better description of the problem?

Cheers,

Stefano