[luatex] texlive-contrib: lualatex & dvilualatex fail

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:04:02 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 20:49, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2010/12/13 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:
>> You need to install latexconfig from the main TL repo.
>
> No, the reason is that the new luatex binary isn't executable:

Ouch ... not again.

(Sorry Peter, I didn't look closely, I just believed your word on it.)

I fixed the problem (maybe some time is needed for tlcontrib to update
to be confirmed by Taco), but I still don't understand why this
happens at all.

We use
    svn delete current/luatex
    svn cp beta-0.65.0/luatex current/luatex
where beta-0.65.0/luatex has the executable bit set and it seems that
the executable properly doesn't proliferate into current/luatex.

The code works almost everywhere but on Peter's 64-bit linux. Peter -
what is your version of SVN? Maybe older SVN is more stupid?

Mojca