[luatex] vpack filter question

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Wed Dec 8 17:43:09 CET 2010

Le 08/12/2010 15:35, Patrick Gundlach a écrit :
> with the document below I get the hboxes correct, but the vboxes seem a bit strange to me. Can someone explain the dimensions of the vbox? Or are they just not calculated yet, so I can't use node.dimensions(<head's glue specs>, vlist) at that time?

I suppose node.dimensions produces an hlist, since you can't choose
between h- or vmode to build the list, and it works perfectly well
horizontally.

And I suppose the "vlist" in

node.dimensions(<head's glue specs>, vlist)

doesn't make sense; a list of node isn't vertical or horizontal, it
simply occurs in a vertical or horizontal container (... unfortunately
also called a list). But I might be completely wrong.

Anyway it'd be nice indeed to have a switch for node.dimensions which
measure either vertically or horizontally.

Best,
Paul