[luatex] LuaTeX file almost 2.5x bigger

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Mon Aug 9 00:13:07 CEST 2010

Allright, InDesign has been downloaded, installed, and used. (Not bad, I must
admit.) You'll find files here:

http://paulisambert.free.fr/tex/

I'll let you appreciate the difference in justification. Note that barring font
expansion, I haven't tried to set identical spacing (I've just set French
spacing in TeX) and hyphenation rules.

Unfortunately, the uncompressed PDF made with InDesign has text strings written
with character codes, which makes it pretty painful to read. I haven't been able
to overdo that since I don't know where to look in the first place.

Remember that T* means "move to the next line". And note that the expanded text
appears after the non-expanded one (from line 175), probably because I've set
them in that order in InDesign, even though the output displays the other way
around.

On the whole, nothing fascinating: InDesign uses Tm for expansion (and move to
the next like). Which was expected. The difference in result is rather striking,
though, but might be tied to differences in space stretching/shrinking.

Best,
Paul