[luatex] fontloader lib: encoding for type1 fonts

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Sep 20 13:16:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

when I load a type1 font with the fontloader tex-library, I get a
custom 8 bit encoding in map.map. Is there a trivial way to convert
this to a more unicode like mapping? Such as one I get when I load an
otf-font with the fontloader library?

font = fontloader.to_table(fontloader.open("texgyreheros-bold.otf"))
-- font.map.enc.enccount is now 65572 ("ok")

font = fontloader.to_table(fontloader.open("cmr10.pfb"))
-- font.map.enc.enccount is now 256 ("not ok")

For example the greek Γ (GREEK CAPITAL LETTER GAMMA, U+0393) is mapped
in cmr10.pfb to char 161 and so not useable for direct input of that
glyph.

So the question is: is there a built-in mechanism to re-map the type1
fonts?

Patrick