[luatex] lua equivalent of vbox...ht

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Sep 14 23:03:38 CEST 2009

On 14 September 2009 luigi scarso wrote:

 > (I don't understand why you insist to drop TeX -- TeX and Lua
 > cooperate.)

Hi Luigi,
it's an interesting idea, though.  I think that it's worthwhile to
investigate.  \setbox and \vbox are primitives and the easiest way is
to invoke them by their names (in TeX), of course.  At a first glance
it doesn't make much sense to replace them by Lua code.  But once all
the low-level stuff is hidden in Lua functions, the whole thing
becomes extremely interesting.  I'm quite interested in the results.

Nevertheless, no catcodes, no fun.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25