[luatex] Creating pdf objects in \latelua

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Thu Oct 1 21:12:21 CEST 2009

Hello,

can we somehow write pdf objects within \latelua? Obviously we cannot
use pdf.immediateobj() as it writes the data to a content stream
generating invalid output. If I use pdf.obj(), then how to reference it
without explcit \pdfrefobj somewhere later? I'd like to avoid it as it
does not actually write the object into the pdf output but inserts a
pdf_refobj node into the list, which will take an effect no sooner then
the next \shipout, right? But can we do better?

Thanks, Paweł
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl