[luatex] Bytecode architecture-independence

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:45:40 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
>> Yes (if your receiver has an approximately correct luatex version,
>> otherwise you can get runtime errors due to inferface changes)
>>
> Can we expect bytecode compatibility at some point? (No problem if the
> answer is "no" or "not before long"; just asking.)
If I understand these things correctly
bytecode specs. can change without affects Lua language
and  the same lua source can end in differents lua bytecode
in relation to lua vm implementation.
Luatex team can also decide for a new vm implementation
if the current one is buggy or ineffiecient
and this fact  not necessary  (or, better, should not)
influence *tex/lua macro developer .
So in this sense *luc are more fragile than *lua.

--
luigi