[luatex] BOM

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 14 23:55:38 CEST 2009

Does Unicode say what's supposed to happen when BOM is found in the
middle of a document?

Somehow I thought LuaTeX only read UTF-8, not UTF-16.  Wrong?

A .ini file (ie, all luatex .ini files) seems the wrong place to put
this.  I like the idea of Taco initializing it that way in the engine.

Just to confirm: this has no effect if the two bytes FE FF are found in
an input document (or image or ...), right?

karl

P.S. I have no control over the mimedefang stuff.  It is done by the
university gateway before our mailer/mailman ever see the message :(,
and I'm not even sure what action I could ask the admins to take.  I'll
think about it.  The extension clash is unfortunate.