[luatex] a bidi package for LaTeX in LuaTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Mar 29 23:58:54 CEST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 03:51:47PM -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:44:30 -0600, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Kashida
>
> Not to dwell on this, but the term 'kashida' is about the ugliest
> monstrosity to be forced upon the Arabic or Farsi language: it's not real
> Arabic, it's not real Farsi. 'Tatweel' is much preferred, and is a real
> word. I hope that we can collectively work to eradicate this
> contriviality from the face of the earth...

Well, it is the word that used in all calligraphy books I've read, and
used by all calligrapher I met. Though Tatweel is an Arabic word, I
don't recall hearing any calligrapher using it. I'm not against Tatweel
though, but not as if Kashida is word of some devil origins :)

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny