[luatex] a bidi package for LaTeX in LuaTeX

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:55:38 CEST 2009

One more thing with Persian typesetting in LuaTeX which concerns me is the
"Kashida" concept in Persian and I think it is the same in Arabic. We had a
discussion on XeTeX mailing list and Jonathan implemented Kashida for
Persian. Please have a look at

http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-February/012306.html

http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-February/012307.html

Now you can find development files at
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/xepersian

Jonathan used \XeTeXinterchartoks to implement Kashida. The question is can
the same thing be done in luatex (does luatex provide any primitive similar
to \XeTeXinterchartoks) or I should bewritting some lua codes for that?*
*