[luatex] a bidi package for LaTeX in LuaTeX

Yannis Haralambous yannis.haralambous at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Mar 29 17:31:10 CEST 2009

I guess that in both cases there will be situations which will look
akward. For example, taking your algorithm, one can imagine a page in
Persian with the first footnote in English and all others in Persian.
Then all Persian footnotes will be in the right although the English
one is just an exception...

I think that the dominant language approach has statistically more
chances in achieving decent results, and would be a good starting
point or default approach. But, of course, one should be able to apply
other algorithms!

--
+
| Yannis Haralambous, Ph.D.      yannis.haralambous at telecom-
bretagne.eu |
| Directeur d'Études                      http://omega.enstb.org/
yannis |
|                                             Tel. +33
(0)2.29.00.14.27 |
|                                             Fax  +33
(0)2.29.00.12.82 |
| Département
Informatique                                              |
| Télécom
Bretagne                                                      |
| Technopôle de Brest Iroise, CS 83818, 29238 Brest Cedex 3,
France     |
| Coordonnées Google-Earth : 48°21'31.57"N
4°34'16.76"W                 |
+
                             ...pour distinguer l'extérieur d'un
aquarium,
                                            mieux vaut n'être pas
poisson

                            ...the ball I threw while playing in the
park
                                           has not yet reached the
ground

               Es gab eine Zeit, wo ich nur ungern über Schubert
sprechen,
            nur Nächtens den Bäumen und Sternen von ihm vorerzählen
mögen.