[luatex] bug in RTL typesetting?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 29 13:45:12 CEST 2009

وفا خلیقی wrote:
> In the latest version of luatex, namely snapshot-0.36.0-2009032321, when I
> create the table of contents in RTL, the dots that appear in between
> subsection name and the page number for example goes to the wrong
> direction.( see attached file). I had no issues with this in the previous
> version of luatex.
>
> So is this a bug in luatex or I should write some macro to fix this.

could be a side effect of all dir stuff being made consistent in the
front and backend

in this case it's \pagedir

\pagedir TRT \pardir TRT \textdir TRT

\hbox to \hsize{l\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill r}

\hbox to \hsize{lr}

for taco/hartmut: i have a different testcase

in any case, i think that it's dangerous to assume that \pagedir is safe
with respect to the output routines used